Although tree house designs may be mostly geared towards kids and teenagers, the truth is that tree houses are for everybody! One of the prerequisites of having such a structure would have to be a tree.
Contrary to the popular thinking, one doesn’t need to have a century old Oak in order to construct a tree house, Douglas Firs and Red Cedars for example, are great supporter too!
Let a childhood dream come true, a perfect private escape where one can gossip with friends, play, read, hang out or sleep in. Tree houses can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be, for kids and for those young at heart! Looking for a professional TH designer?
Tree House Designs For Kids
1. Make it a fun DIY project for the whole family.
If you want to construct a tree house building then you can choose to go the DIY way because it is not that difficult to construct such a structure. You just need to have the right tools and basic woodworking skills and you can build a heavenly abode or hang out for your kids! If you need help in getting started with the task to build a timber lodge then you can purchase tree house kits.
These are ready made assortments of tools, materials and tree house designs that can make your job so much easier!
2. Make safety a top concern.
One of the top concerns about a tree house design would have to be the safety factor. If you want a good timber construction that would last you for years then you need to make sure that the structure is sound.
The selection of timber to be used for construction can make or break the THs, therefore always select a good timber that is resistant to termites and is very sturdy.
Also, as far as the safety factor is concerned, never build a TH too high up in the woods because in case the child falls off from the tree housing then it could be fatal.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the structure should not be too close to the power lines.
3. Safe time with a ready kit.
- A building kit for building would have clear and detailed stages and illustrations.
- It is best to go for a step-by-step guide so that it won’t be too difficult for you to follow the instructions.
- There are many detailed and effective guides for building fun THs available and even a tree house supplier online shop were you can purchase the hardware kits and other supplies.
- You can also rope in a professional carpenter to help you out with the design and the difficult bits!
- Get a free a pictured step by step guide with plans and a material list.
4. Make it a unique and fun place for the whole family.
Kids tree houses are meant to be a fun place, something that the kids can call their own. Therefore, once the wooden miniature home has been constructed, you can personalize it and make it more beautiful/attractive by designing and painting it using vibrant colors, or patterns. Remember, the gaudier the design, the more your kids are going to love it!
You can have a secret entrance for your tree house and attach a swing or a ladder to it. You can also place some interesting structures or games in order to get your child to engage in imaginative and creative play and also to encourage them to play outside more instead of being holed up at home playing video games!
Want to experience the view from up in the canopy? Stay in a tree-house on your next vacation!
Picture 1 thanks to Hilary Green License: CC-BY-SA-2.0 | Picture 2 thanks to ThomasPusch License: CC-BY-SA-3.0,2.5,2.0,1.0